Thursday, February 13, 2014

February 13, 2014

This blog is to help me through my journey of weight loss.  My husband and I started to talk about Gastric Bypass in October 2013.  The reasons why we started to talk about gastric bypass was because of my health and we want to start a family.

 We called the Doctors office asking questions.  We signed up for the informational seminar for October 22, 2013.  When we arrived at the meeting room, they had everyone give their information and stand on the scale.   On October 22, 2013 I weighed 279lbs.   With all the information, they called my insurance company to see if they approved gastric bypass.  I received a phone call a week later saying that my insurance does accept gastric bypass but in order to have the surgery I had to be under 400lbs.  I wanted to give up before I even got started.

Fast Forward.  It's February 13, 2014, it's been a rough few months but the last time I went to the doctors I weighed 429lbs. So, I have 24lbs to go until my appointment with the surgeon.  My next appointment is February 19,2014.  I can't wait to see how much more I have to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment